PEACE LOVE & PEOPLE POWER!!!

My photo
Words and Music by LYONS. Learn More - Teach More - Love More - Stop War! Peace Love & People Power! #ClanOfTheLyons #83CLASSIC

Wednesday 9 October 2024

Mind Notes Pt.113 'Musical Mission'


Raised up
As a London pickney
The vibes from yard
Come through and hit me
Scrimmage for the pennies
Never seen a fifty
But rice and peas Sundays
Sure to lift me
Light skin
With a J A swagger
Ask about my father
Oh he from Jamaica
Yes I love the reggae
A Marley crusader
Yes I ate the salt fish
Ginger beer for later
Catch me in the carnival
Flag in my back pocket
Which sound is the heaviest
Surely the hot topic
Which tune is the grooviest 
Play it and don't stop it
Furthermore
We tell a sound boy 
To wheel up
And just drop it
Long time
In this tradition
Marvellous music
That put us in this position
Wonderful feelings
The feeling
The more we listen
Its a musical
Magical
Classical
Mission



Digging through my parents vinyls
You dig me
Old school
My fro' like Lionel Ritchie

Raised on the greats 
Bob heads like Marley
The guitars sing
They break hearts
Like Jimi



Grew up
With MJ and Stevie
Harmonies singing 
In the background with me
Hear the records spinning
I was there in jiffy
In love with the grooves
They was always with me
Little Lyons
Running around brixton
Ask me bout my mother 
Oh she came from Dublin
Yes she played the lovers rock
Up on the system
Yes she played the Motown loud
I used to listen
Catch me
In the front room
Dancing around the carpet
Loose myself in music
Busy singing and laughing
What's the next record to spin
I'm always asking
Forget about bedtime
Play some more Marvin
Long time
In this tradition
Marvellous music
That put us in this position
Wonderful feelings
The feeling
The more we listen
Its a musical
Magical
Classical
Mission


PEACE LOVE & PEOPLE POWER!